We had lots of team members running marathons (and half-) this past weekend.
Highlighting the Richmond races was Sandy Roberts taking 9th in a professional men's field in the 8k, behind NCSU's Ryan Hill, who beat all the pros.
Charles and Ken toured the streets of Richmond running the 35th edition of America's Friendliest Marathon.
And, the following day, a huge group ran the OBX.
Highlighting results for the day was Jim Stephens running a swift 1:21 to win 3rd masters in the OBX half marathon.
Several others ran as included in the below pictures by Wendy:
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Capital RunWalk was represented amazingly at the City of Oaks races on Sunday. I saw too many singlets and shirts to count, so I know I'm missing a few, but briefly:
Bobby Mack in the lead early, photo by News and Observer.
- Bobby Mack added another USATF State Title to his impressive resume by winning in 1:04:21 (and therefore qualifying for the 2016 Olympic Trials...hint, hint)
- John Simons finished shortly thereafter in 11th overall with a time of 1:20:08
- In the Marathon Relay, the store sponsored team of speedsters won, in a swift 2:34, while a second team of CRW finished 15th
- Jim Stephens was 7th in the 10k
- Jenna ran the full
- Perry ran the 10k
- Brad paced the half and Charles paced the full
And in marathon news I missed, Dunford Okoth ran both the Chicago and Marine Corps marathons over the last two months finishing in 3:39:45 and 3:49:46!