I'm going to start with the Southeastern US Masters T&F meet at St. Augustine College in Raleigh. If you've never run a track meet, this is a great one at which to run your first. It's very low-key, and you can meet some extraordinary people. St. Aug's rebuilt their track (or built for the first time) last year and it provided an awesome surface for the meet. The events were run very professionally, yet they were patient with the non-frequent track racers in explaining the events, and other details. Team highlights included:
- Franklin R. competing in the Pentathalon
- Brad S.winning the open age group in the 10000m on Friday and 3000m Steeplechase on Saturday.
- Jim S. winning the 1500m on Saturday
Sould you read this and think, "I want to try that!", then you're in luck. I quickly found two more track meets in the State next month. The Jim Law Invitation-Open/Masters meet is June 15-16 in Charlotte, and the State Games of NC is in Winston-Salem on June 10th. (Please let me know if you're thinking about going to either.)
Ok, on the the regular road races...
At the Capital City Classic 10k
- Bobby M. won for the 2nd year in a row in 30:46
- Dawn W. won her age group
- John S. won his age group
- Joey A., Erin D., Jenna P., Amy M., and Trey M. all had great races.
At the Brunswick Forest Duathlon:
- Candace was 1st in her age group
- Anne was 2nd in hers
- Mike Z. was 5th in his
- Michael Z. was 2nd in his
Here are Candace and Anne afterwards: